1. National Networking Initiative Meeting of Management and Use of Wild Honeybee (Apis dorsata) in Danau Sentarum National Park, January 2005
This meeting has formulated a national networking of Wild honeybee in Indonesia. This meeting participated by NGO’s and beekeepers from Kalimantan and Southeast Sulawesi. In the meeting, participant also discussed about improving quality of honey and increasing market access to national and international level. And the participants have given mandate to Riak Bumi as secretariat of forest honey networking. This meeting is funded by NC-IUCN.
2. Visit study beekeepers from Kendari, South East Sulawesi and Gunung Meratus, East Kalimantan to Danau Sentarum National Park, February 2005
This visit study is undertaken by beekeepers of Indonesian forest honey network member from sulawesi and Kalimantan to learn sustainable honey harvesting system and post harvest processing as well as beeswax processing and candle making in Danau Sentarum National park. This meeting is funded by NC-IUCN.
3. Orang Utan Population Research in Betung Kerihun National Park, Cooperated between WWF Betung Kerihun and Riak Bumi foundation, February 2005.
This project is support by WWF Germany. This research was following up share learning result from Kina Batangan, Sabah. That research was learning and knowing the Orang Utan population in Betung Kerihun and Danau Sentarum National Park area.
4. Riak Bumi and CIFOR carried out join research in Danau Sentarum, February 2005
Riak Bumi and Center for International Forestry Research (CIFOR) in Bogor have agreed to join research in term of bio physic and social in Danau Sentarum as materials to talk with policy maker related to Danau Sentarum Management plan in Kapuas Hulu district and west Kalimantan province. The research titles are: threat to Danau Sentarum, gender and biodiversity, land tenure, fishery potential, analysis of oil palm plantation and dam development planning, water quality, customary law, population, orchid and medical plants potential in Danau Sentarum.
5. Multi-Stakeholder Forestry Programme-Department for International Development (MFP-DFID) Training For Financial Management at Balik Papan, March, 2005
This training sponsor by Multi-Stakeholder Forestry Programme-Department for International Development (MFP-DFID) for their partners that have and will have financial support from this donor agency to improve this capacity in financial management.
6. NTFP’s Market Development Meeting, March 2005
This meeting was opportunities for MFP-DFID’s partners to share their experiances from some areas in Kalimantan and to found better ideas to increase their NTFP’s market development in the future.
7. Water Quality Impact to Fish Population Decrease in Danau Sentarum National Park area research. Cooperated between CIFOR (Center for International Forestry Research) and Riak Bumi foundation, March, 2005
This research achieves is to know the underlying causes of fishes population decrease mainly after 10 years. Some causes are water quality; chemical material for poisoning fishes; timber cutting and etc.
8. Video Making of Danau Sentarum for Documentation, March 2005
This video title is ‘Abandon Paradise’ at the Danau Sentarum National Park, this video are created by Riak Bumi Foundation and CIFOR. This video is describe how the people struggle to protect the Danau Sentarum National Park, but in the same time another stakeholders especially the government not really care about this Park condition. But, currently this area still good condition cause of local community aware.
9. Workshop on collaborative monitoring and evaluation in Balik Papan, April 2005.
Riak Bumi as a partner of Multi Stakeholders Forestry Program – Department for International Development (MFP-DFID) in Kalimantan region attended in workshop on collaborative monitoring and evaluation in Balik Papan. The objective of the workshop was sharing their experiences regarding to monitoring and evaluation in their project or program.
10. Community Management areas registration, May 2005
Riak Bumi was undertaking registration of community management areas in 55 villages (all of villages) at Danau Sentarum. This activity was following up from meeting result with some NGOs in Indonesia that hosted by KpSHK (Group of Community Forestry System) in Bogor. They supported some local NGOs in Indonesian to conduct the registration in their sites.
11. Quality Management System (QMS) Training, August 2005
QMS is methodology to know quality management system in community areas. For this training the participants agree to take sample Danau Sentarum as location sample to practice this method. The participants that attended the training are from some NGOs in West Kalimantan such as Riak Bumi, WALHI KalBar, PPSDAK, Gemawan, Dian Tama, Yayasan Titian, WWF Betung Kerihun. This training is funded by IUCN Bangkok.
12. Kalimantan information (INFOKAL) program launching, September 2005.
MFP-DFID partners in Kalimantan region have launched their Kalimantan information center (INFOKAL). In this meeting was discussing in term of how to share and distribute information in Kalimantan to the networking or others. In the meeting also discussed regarding to data based development and information system sharing through internet. The member of MFP-DFID partners agreed to refer one delegate from each province in Kalimantan to collect the data and information in Kalimantan.
13. Workshop on search for the best solution of Danau Sentarum national park management, September 2005
This workshop is undertaken by Riak Bumi and cooperation with CIFOR to search for the best solution of danau sentarum national park management. We organize some local communities in Danau Sentarum to attend and discuss with other stakeholders that have linkage to Danau Sentarum. We tried to encourage local community participation in planning and decision making of Danau Sentarum. This workshop also opportunity for our preliminary research result distribute to the local government in Kapuas Hulu district.
14. Strategic planning of Oil palm plantation in the border, October 2005
Riak Bumi is invited by Pancur Kasih to formulate strategic planning to refuse oil palm plantation in the border of Sarawak-Malaysia and Kalimantan Indonesia. The government of Indonesia has planned developing 1.8 million hectares in the border and some of the areas include buffer zone of danau sentarum national park. That why, Riak Bumi has taken part in this meeting to give contribution on strategic planning. Therefore, some local NGOs also attended at the meeting.
15. Business Development Services (BDS) Training at Yogyakarta, October 2005
Facilitated by the government of Indonesian is Cooperation and Small-Middle Enterprise Ministry. Hosted by Yogyakarta University; involve all of Business Development Services that was chosen by small middle enterprise development Cooperation Department. We facilitated some fishermen in some villages at Danau Sentarum and we formulated a freshwater fish center in Pega village.
16. Meeting on recognition of new government regulation (PP) Number 34, 2002
Attended meeting on recognition of new government regulation Number 34 June 8, 2002 regarding forest management and utilization planning. This meeting has undertaken by social forestry communication forum in November 2005.
17. Combined Joint Learning Review & Training Workshop on the Sustainable Livelihoods Approach
This activities conducted collaboration between WWF Indonesia and IUCN. This meeting has objective to realize conservation district idea through sustainable livelihoods approach that carried out in Kapuas Hulu district November 16-24, 2005.
18. Medicinal Plants and orchids survey in Danau Sentarum National Park
This survey aims are to identify, inventory and documenting variety of orchids, medicinal plants to develop collective conservation concept together with local communities. This survey implemented by Riak Bumi and CIFOR in December 2005 to January 2006 in Danau Sentarum National Park.
19. Assessment on organic status and product Fair Trade Product and potential marketing in organic product and Fair Trade market
This activity is certification process of forest honey organic certification pilot project in Danau Sentarum that facilitated by BIOCert (Board of Organic Certification) in Bogor. Conducted in December 2005 to January 2006 in Danau Sentarum National Park, Kapuas Hulu District that have objectives to identify status and potency of organic forest honey that produced by honey collector groups, fair trade principle applying, marketing and socio-economic of local communities situation in Danau Sentarum National Park.